John Paul Jones Basketball and Events Arena
John Paul Johns Arena Facts
John Paul Jones Arena
From a basketball perspective, the men's and women's programs each have one and a half practice courts available at all times for team and individual work. The arena seats 15,219 for basketball and features coaches' office complexes, locker rooms, a training room, a strength and conditioning area and an equipment room.
The John Paul Jones Arena is designed to provide a wonderful experience for individuals attending a variety of events as well as for the student-athletes who use the facility on a daily basis. Basketball fans benefit from a state-of-the-art audio-visual system, a spacious lobby with two large video displays, a center-hung scoreboard with four video screens, conveniently located concession stands and a Team Store.
The arena is visually attractive on the inside with a classic architectural look outside that fits comfortably into the University Grounds.
Other athletics department offices located in the John Paul Jones Arena are academic affairs, athletics media relations and video services.
JPJ Arena Resources
- 3D Seating Diagram - Find Your Seat
- Parking Map (PDF Format)
- VirginiaSports.com - Directions and other JPJ athletics information.
- Official JPJ Arena Web Site - JPJ Arena and events information.
Photo Documentary of JPJ Arena Project
- Photos - Part Four - Photos taken of the arena on June 30, 2006.
- Photos - Part Three - Photos taken of the arena on February 21, 2006.
- Photos - Part Two - Photos taken of the arena in November 8, 2005.
- Photos - Part One - Photos of early models, diagrams, renderings and on-going construction.
- Video and Photos - Photos and video of the first piece of roof being constructed for JPJ Arena.
- Photos of Model - Photos of completed wooden cross-section model of the JPJ Arena.