Help with TheSabre.com
Please view the information below if you are having trouble with any area of TheSabre.com.
If you've lost or forgotten your password, go here. After clicking the link, please read the instructions carefully. This option gives you the ability to get a temporary password or to reestablish a new password.
Changing Account Information
You have the ability to change most every aspect of your account information (i.e. password, email address, etc.) from your ACCOUNT INFO page, with the exception of your Username. To access the your ACCOUNT INFO page, you must first have an account and you have to be logged in. The LOGIN link is located at the top of the web site. After logging in, you will see the link to the ACCOUNT INFO page in the same area.
If you would like to change your Username, please with this request. Please include your old Username and a couple of options for the new Username since your first option may already be taken by another user.
Log In Problems
If you are experiencing log in problems, there are several reasons this could be happening - some on our end and some with settings on your end. Please read over the following bullet points to troubleshoot your situation. If none of the options below work for you, please .
- Improper Username/Email and Password Combination: You have the ability to log in using a Password and either your Username or Email address. Remember that your password is case sensitive. Also, when using your email address to log in, be sure you are using the email that you entered when signing up. No matter which Internet account or computer you use, your email address will always be the same. If you've forgotten which email address you used, just use your Username to log in and then go to ACCOUNT INFO and retrieve or change your email address. If you know you are typing in your information correctly and are still being sent back to the log in screen, please read the other bullets below.
- Corrupted Cookie: Our server sets a cookie on your computer when you log in. Sometimes this cookie can go out of date or your browser may corrupt the cookie. The simple fix to this is to LOG OUT (which will delete the old cookie) and then log back in.
- Using More Than One Computer: Our system should allow you to stay logged on from more than one computer. If you're having trouble staying logged in, please let us know.
- Internet Explorer Privacy Settings: By default, Internet Explorer does not prevent cookies from being set on your computer. But, if you or someone else has changed your browser's security or privacy settings above MEDIUM, then your browser will block cookies and prevent you from logging in. To check this, from your browser window, go to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS and check your Security and Privacy settings and make sure they are set to MEDIUM (or just make sure that the 'allow cookies' selection is marked.
- Anti-Spyware and Anti-Virus Software: Some third party software programs will automatically deny cookies unless you tell it not to. For most of these programs, there is an ACCEPTED or TRUSTED sites list where you can enter our site name. If this is the case for you, enter SUBSCR.THESABRE.COM and WWW.THESABRE.COM into that area, accept the changes, and then restart your computer.
- Incorrect Computer Date: A common problem lately has been incorrect computer dates and times. An incorrect computer date will affect your ability to log in successfully. Using your mouse, click the computer time at the bottom right of your Windows screen and make sure that your date and time are correct.
- Expired Subscription: We send out reminder notifications when your account is about to expire. But, these notifications can only reach you if your email address is kept up to date and if your Internet Service Provider doesn't block the emails (some ISP's consider server-sent emails to be SPAM). if you're unsure about your expiration date. In order to ensure our emails reach you, check with your Internet Service Provider and learn where to add us to your white/trusted/accepted emails list. You will want to add 'email@example.com' to the list.
- Suspended Account: Message Board customers sometimes have their account suspended due to Terms of Service infractions. Normally, you will receive an email from us in regard to this, but not always. If you think you may have been suspended, please to understand the status of your account.
Message Board Questions
If you would like to post on our message boards, you must register for an account first. After registering, return to the board and post or reply to your message. Please remember to respect others and abide by our terms of service.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are unsure how to post messages in our forums, or you need instructions on some of the basic functions (i.e. including a link or image), please read over our Frequently Asked Questions prior to trying out those features.
Photo or Image Problems
Some browsers (like AOL and Internet Explorer) have default settings for images which sometimes compress or resize the images, which can distort them greatly. If you have a high speed connection and a computer that isn't more than six or seven years old, you might want to change these settings to see higher resolution images in their true form. Each browser is different, but most of these adjustments can be made in the INTERNET or WEB SETTINGS areas of your browser.
Not Receiving Emails from TheSabre.com
We can only reach you if your email address (in our database) is kept up to date and if your Internet Service Provider doesn't block the emails (some ISP's consider server-sent emails to be SPAM). In order to ensure our emails reach you, check with your Internet Service Provider and learn where to add us to your white/trusted/accepted emails list. You will want to add 'staff @ thesabre . com' (no spaces) to the list.
If you maintain more than one email account, please be sure to check them all to make sure that our emails aren't going to an alternate address. If you have an email address in our database (i.e. subscription and/or message board account), you may edit this from your ACCOUNT INFO page after logging in.
My Question Wasn't Answered Here
If none of the options above have helped you, or if you have a suggestion or comment, please at your convenience.